Heinrich Boll Foundation (HBF) seeks a) to document the impact of climate change on the livelihoods of rural women farmers, b) to understand the ways their gender intersects with and is impacted by other social factors such as gender roles, expectations and other social norms and practices held in their localities (intersectional factors) that affect especially women’s social-economic empowerment in Senegal, Morocco, Nigeria and Tunisia, and c) to collect success stories on novel and transformative agro-ecological responses led by women in the four contexts.
HBF is producing the documentaries as part of its “Transform Africa” projects. The documentaries will be accompanied by a short paper or booklet on the same subject. The documentaries will form part of advocacy materials that will be used on both new and traditional media to influence decision-makers within and outside the continent in order to provide support to scale up adoption of agro-ecological practices and support women small holder farmers.
- The main goal for the documentary on Morocco is to produce a film on the impacts of climate change on women small holder farmers and their responses. Specific objectives of the documentary are:
- Create a portrait of women farmers practicing agro-ecology and dealing with the patriarchal system, and working on good practice of adaption to face the impact of climate change.
- Document the impacts of multiple gendered drivers of change and barriers that further compound their experience with climate change
- Identify and document success stories of best agro-ecological practices, which are climate resilient and improving livelihood of women farmers in Morocco.
- A 10 to 15 minutes’ documentary providing insight into the impacts of climate change on women small holder farmers in Morocco and other gender barriers that they face in their specific context.
- The documentary will include clips of success stories of best agro-ecological practices adopted by the women and document coping mechanisms against patriarchic social structures
THE TASK :
The film makers will participate in writing the initial story board, working in strict collaboration with the responsible contact person from HBF in Morocco. The story board as well as the exact film location and the interlocutors will be agreed upon jointly with HBF.
The film makers will produce the documentary working closely with HBF local partners who will facilitate access to interlocutors in local communities.
After receiving the final comments and suggestions from the project staff, the consultant should re-submit a final version of the film in a maximum time of 15 days from the finalization of the contract. After the final submission, the HBF will proceed to the final payment.
The documentary shall be shot, produced and finalized between July and October 2018.
The applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Complete application documents should be submitted by 28 June 2018.
More informations in the PDF :